Monday, June 24, 2013

“Refugees’ Stories” for World Refugee Day on 20th June 2013

The Sky is Bigger By Ana (Iraq )
I still remember the first day I came to Malaysia. I saw for the first time in my life really high buildings, new faces. I think even the sky looked bigger and clearer. The clouds were close and I felt as though I could touch them. I remember how scared I was. The first years in Malaysia were really hard for me. I was only 15 when I came. I had my mother and my brother with me but I still felt alone even though I was not. I was born in Iraq. At age 3, I had to leave. I don’t remember why. After that I was living in Jordan before I came to Malaysia. When you become a refugee, people looked at you differently. Even though they don’t know anything about you or why you became a refugee. They don’t know how hard it is to leave your country where you thought you would live forever. They treat you differently, look at you differently. As if we are not humans like them. Back in the days, I think people used to care for one another, help each other. I am talking about everyone in the world, not just my country and here. But now every one cares about themselves. They don’t like to help, they are not very nice to you, always lying. If you want directions, they won’t help you. I don’t know why. People should treat refugees well, because you never know. Tomorrow that could be your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment