Monday, June 24, 2013

“Refugees’ Stories” for World Refugee Day on 20th June 2013

My Best Friends By AIZEN (Iraq)

refugee-day-big When I came here with my family, I left my friends and everything I loved in Iraq. Every time I met someone new, I wondered how they viewed me or if they would like me for who I am. At first, I did not make any friends. I did have class mates and lab friends but I did not feel they were my true friends. I told myself – who needs them? All need is my mom and dad and my sister. But as time passed, the fear and loneliness started to grow. After a while, I met some true friends. They did not even ask why I’m here or what I’m going to do for them. All they need is for me to reach out and I did that. Now I have two best friends. One is like my younger brother. I met him on Facebook and we started to share photos about anime and cosplay. He is always joking around and tries to keep a smile on everyone’s faces. The other is like the older brother I always wanted. We play online games together and he gives me advice on life. Not only is he really cool on the outside, but on the inside he can be your best friend, your team mate or just your friend. One day, on an outing with little brother, I met a girl. She has long black hair and brown eyes that can see your soul and your pain. Inside she is like a flower that you can never stop looking at it. I love her smile and her open heart but most of all I love her open mind. I was afraid at first, thinking a girl like her must have a boyfriend. Last month, I took a leap of faith. I told her how I felt about her. She did not seem surprised about it all. She gave me a kiss on the cheek and said to me: It’s about time, fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment